You won’t believe just how versatile your toothpaste can be. According to Colgate, toothpaste contains fluoride and abrasive ingredients that strengthen enamel and scrub the teeth without scratching them. These ingredients have applications that extend way beyond your mouth.
These 12 surprising and unexpected uses for toothpaste will have you smearing the minty stuff all over your body and your house. Let’s take a closer look at the power of toothpaste.
1. Whiten finger nails. If your nails are yellowing, follow the advice of Life Hacker and scrub them with a squirt of toothpaste.
2. Treat acne. Use a clean finger to dab toothpaste onto acne. According to Reader’s Digest, the blemish should clear the following morning.
3. Relieve an itch. Toothpaste is a fantastic home remedy for itchy bug bites, says Reader’s Digest.
4. Heal a bruise. Coupon Sherpa says lotion mixed with toothpaste is a great home remedy for bruises. Apply the solution to the bruise and cover with an ace bandage before going to bed. Wash the skin in the morning and repeat for up to three nights.
5. Deodorize hands. If you’ve been handling fish, garlic, or any other smelly substance, deodorize your hands by gently scrubbing them with toothpaste, as recommended by Coupon Sherpa.
Continue Reading On Next Page (>) …