Best meatloaf recipe ever with garlic gravy! 1770 House meatloaf courtesy barefoot contessa. Will never make any other meatloaf again.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups onion, chopped (1 large)
- 1 1/2 cups celery, small-diced (2 stalks)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground veal
- 1 pound ground Beef
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives or green onions, chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In your largest saute pan, heat the 2 tablespoons olive oil. When it is hot add the onion and celery. Cook for 5-8 minutes until the onion is soft but not brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add ground beef, veal,Beef, parsley, thyme, chives, eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Blend the panko bread crumbs in a food processor until they are finely ground, then add that to the bowl with the meat. Add the onion and celery mixture.
- Combine the meat with your hands. This is the best way to mix meatloaf so that it doesn’t get tough. Don’t overdo it.
- Cover a large sheet pan with parchment paper. Use your hands to pat the meat into a flat rectangle. Then push the sides in to make a cylinder about 15 inches by 6 inches (spreading it out first prevents air pockets).
- Bake at 350 for 40 to 50 minutes, or use a meat thermometer to find out when it has reached 155-160 degrees F.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for a few minutes before slicing. Serve with garlic sauce.
- While the meatloaf is cooking, combine the oil and garlic in a small saucepan . Bring the oil to a boil, then lower the heat to low. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the garlic is a light golden brown. Don’t burn it! Watch carefully. Strain out the oil and save it for another use (I used it for oven roasted potatoes).
- In the same saucepan (with the garlic still in it), add the chicken stock and butter. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat but continue to boil for 35-40 minutes, until it is slightly thicker. Use a fork to smash the garlic in the pan. Add the salt and pepper.
- Ladle the warm sauce over each serving of hot meatloaf.
Source : allrecipes.Com