- 3/4 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Toast almonds in oven for 10 minutes or until brown.
- Dissolve coffee in 2 tablespoons hot water. In a separate small mixing bowl mix flour, baking soda and salt.
- Beat butter and sugar in an electric mixer at a medium speed until fluffy. Pour coffee, vanilla and eggs into the butter mixture; mix well.
Reduce mixer’s speed to low and slowly pour flour mixture into the butter mixture.
- Fold chocolate chips and almonds into the dough. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet, 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes.