- a cup walnuts, chopped fine
- a cup all-purpose flour
- a stick butter, softened
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 16 oz Cool Whip lite, thawed
- 3 3/4 c half and half
- 2 pkg coconut cream pie filling/pudding (the kind you cook), 3.4 oz each
- 1 c shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix 1 stick softened butter with 1 cup flour and 1 cup minced walnuts. Mix thoroughly.
- Spray lightly a 13 x 9 glass pan. Press mixture evenly into bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes depending on your oven. You just want to see slight brown on the edges. Completely cool.
- Put 1 cup shredded coconut in a small skillet and toast lightly. Set aside to cool.
- Beat 1 package softened cream cheese with 1 cup powdered sugar.
- Mix by hand then whip it for a few minutes with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Fold in 1/3 of the whipped topping into the mixture and set aside.
- After crust is cool spread Cool Whip/cream cheese mixture onto crust using smooth strokes.
- In heavy bottom pot put in both packages of coconut cream pudding and milk; whisk.
- Slowly bring to a boil being careful not to burn the bottom. Set aside to cool.
- Spread cooled pudding onto crust mixture. Spread the rest of the Cool Whip on top.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut. Chill for at least two hours or overnight. Keeps for days.
From: Just a Pinch