- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons processed cheese sauce
- onion salt to taste (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter, sour cream, eggs, egg yolk and oil.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the flour until well blended.
- Cover the bowl with a towel, and let stand for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Place potatoes into a pot, and fill with enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil, and cook until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain, and mash with shredded cheese and cheese sauce while still hot.
- Season with onion salt, salt and pepper.
- Set aside to cool.
- Separate the perogie dough into two balls.
- Roll out one piece at a time on a lightly floured surface until it is thin enough to work with, but not too thin so that it tears.
- Cut into circles using a cookie cutter, perogie cutter, or a glass.
- Brush a little water around the edges of the circles, and spoon some filling into the center.
- Fold the circles over into half-circles, and press to seal the edges.
- Place perogies on a cookie sheet, and freeze.
- Once frozen, transfer to freezer storage bags or containers.
- To cook perogies:
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Drop perogies in one at a time.
- They are done when they float to the top.
- Do not boil too long, or they will be soggy!
- Remove with a slotted spoon.
From: All recipes.
You can save it to your Pinterest related boards to help people see it!