The situation of receding gums happens when the tissue of the gum around the teeth corrodes and it looks like your gums recede backwards. Then a large surface of the teeth is exposed and more visible.
When the gums go back, the space between the gum line and the teeth rises. That is perfect place for bacteria growth. Another problem that may happen is over exposure of the root of the tooth that can lead to extreme pain and sensitivity of the tooth. It will also have a negative influence over the structure and bone of the tooth that can cause losing of the tooth.
This is a very common problem and most of the people who suffer from it do not notice the problem. The reason is because the process is slow and happens gradually. Remember to check your gums if you teeth have become very sensitive. That is one of the first signs. Another indicator is the size of you tooth: if it is larger than before then you need to treat the problem because it is a sign of receding gums. Other symptoms may be:
– Tooth pain/ache
– Larger tooth than before
– Tooth sensitivity
What causes receding gums?!
It might be a gum disease, but it can be caused by other reasons such as:
1. Periodontal diseases. That means bacterial infection in the gums. They cause damage to the supporting bone of the tooth and the gums, followed by other problems.
2. Lack of oral hygiene. If you skip teeth brushing and flossing you might build up plague on the teeth. That can lead to calculus which is a hard substance which can lead to gum recession.
3. Aggressive brushing. It is the complete opposite of brushing teeth on regular basis. If you brush your teeth aggressively then the enamel on your teeth will be destroyed and this will lead to receding gums.
4. Sometimes you will blame the genes. In this case you cannot change a lot about your problem.
5. Hormone imbalance can lead to receding gums. This can be a huge problem especially among women. Those changes lead to more vulnerable and sensitive gums.
6. Smoking is also a reason for receding gums. Smoking also causes many other diseases such as lung disease and cancer, but it can also cause receding gums. People, who consume tobacco in any form, can get sticky plague on their teeth more easily and this leads to receding gums.
7. Clenching and grinding your teeth will put pressure on them and this can cause receding gums. Using force to take bits while you eat may also cause the same problem.
8. This is a weird reason, but piercing your tongue or lips can also lead to the same problem.
How to treat receding gums
If you notice the problem with receding gums on time your doctor can treat them with either root planning or tooth scaling. The doctor will safely remove the calculus or the plague from your teeth and the surface underneath the gum line. The other case is if you do not notice the problem on time. In this case you may need to do a surgery on your gums in order to repair the damage. Some of the surgeries may be: regeneration of the lost tissue and bone of gums and teeth, depth reduction, soft tissue graft etc. If you like to avoid surgery you can use some of the homemade remedies in this article. But remember to consult your doctor if you have serious gyms infection, because you need to know how deep has the bacteria gone. In this case, this step should not be avoided. If the problem is not so serious then you can use only these homemade remedies. By using them and with proper oral hygiene you can grow back you receding gums.
How can they grow back?
Gums are soft tissues. They cover our teeth in order to stay in place and they also cover the root of the teeth. If you want to solve the problem with receding gums you need to have a good oral hygiene and you can use many recipes such as oil pulling in order to grow your receding gums again. Read more in the other sections.
Go to the NEXT PAGE to get more info …