Since they’re made fresh with good ingredients, they taste even better than the original. Just like their namesake, these bars have a crunchy cookie base, smooth caramel center, and rich chocolate coating.
Prep: 90 mins
Cook: 0 mins
Total: 90 mins
Servings: 20 servings
For the Cookie Base:
- 5 1/2 ounces butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups cake flour (can substitute 2 cups all-purpose flour minus 4 tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Caramel Layer:
- 21 ounces soft caramels (unwrapped)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons heavy cream
For Chocolate Coating:
- 1 pound semisweet chocolate or chocolate-flavored candy coating
Make the Cookie Base
Make the Caramel Layer
Coat the Bars With Chocolate
Store homemade Twix Bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week. These taste best when the bar sits at room temperature for a few minutes before serving so that the caramel can soften.
To go fully homemade, try your hand at making soft caramels.
It is worthwhile to use good caramel in these bars. Any soft caramel that you enjoy eating will work, but if you use a flavorless caramel, be prepared to be underwhelmed at the result.
Adapted from: thespruceeats.com