- 1 1/4 cups shortening
- 4 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened baking chocolate (such as Baker’s(R))
- 4 (.55 ounce) packages hot cocoa mix
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- Place shortening and chocolate squares in the top of a double boiler over simmering water.
- Stir frequently, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching, until chocolate is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir cocoa mix into the melted chocolate; mix in sugar and eggs.
- Add flour slowly and mix thoroughly.
- Mix in marshmallows.
- Pour batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let cool.
From: All recipes.