- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon thyme (chopped)
- 4 ounces spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 whole wheat crepes (or crepes)
- 1/4 cup goat cheese (crumbled)
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the onion and saute until just starting to caramelize, about 5-9 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the butter and let it melt.
- Add the mushrooms and thyme and season with salt and pepper and saute until they start to caramelize.
- Add the sherry and deglaze the pan.
- Add the spinach and saute until it wilts.
- Reduce the balsamic vinegar to a syrup like consistency in a small sauce pan.
- Place some of the mushroom and spinach mixture into a crepe followed by some goat cheese and balsamic syrup drizzle and fold.