For the Crust
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 extra-large eggs
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup flour
- Powdered Sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line a 9×13 pan with foil or parchment, and lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cream together the butter and sugar. Mix in the flour and salt until dough forms.
- Press the dough into the pan, building up 1/2 inch crust on all sides.
- Bake the crust for 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Chill.
- Whisk together all of the remaining ingredients (except the powdered sugar), and pour into the cooled crust. Bake for 30-35 minutes until filling is set. Let cool to room temperature or chill overnight.
- Dust with powdered sugar before cutting and serving.
Source : allrecipes.com