- 2 carrots, cut into 1″ pieces
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 onion, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 bell pepper, cut into 1″ pieces
- 4 pieces chicken
- 2 Tbsp molasses
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- ½ Tbsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 2 Tbsp butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch + 3 Tbsp water (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In an 8×8 oven-proof dish, layer the vegetables.
- Combine molasses, ketchup, honey, maple syrup and all seasoning in a medium bowl. Place chicken in a separate bowl.
- Add about ¼ cup of liquid mixture to the chicken and stir to coat well. Place chicken and the sauce it was in on top of vegetables. Place butter on top of chicken.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Meanwhile, heat remaining sauce in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl.
- Add cornstarch slurry to sauce and stirring constantly bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Add this thickened sauce to the top of the chicken and continue to bake for another 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. You might need to remove the chicken so it doesn’t overcook, yet continue to bake the vegetables until they’re done.
- Enjoy the sweet and sticky chicken!
Source : allrecipes.com