You will need a large foil pan for the grill. This is a fantastic summer grilled dish combining teriyaki chicken with sweet and sour onions and peppers. All can be done on the grill. Wait for the major raves – sweet and sour and teriyaki, what could be better. I usually put tortillas on the table with this and guests can make “fajitas” or you can serve with baked potato/corn.
SWEET AND SOUR ONIONS AND PEPPERS
1. 8-24 hours before cooking, whisk together marinade ingredients.
2. Marinate chicken thighs.
3. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
4. Put oil for veggies into a large foil pan.
5. Add all of the sliced onions and peppers. DO NOT ADD vinegar and sugar yet! Put foil cover over this veggie pan.
6. Saute veggies in pan. Cover grill. Check and stir/turn periodically. Let veggies soften and start to brown just a bit.