This cake is easy to make, and it’s so delicious. Everyone that’s tried it has said it tasted just like the ones in a deli! You’ll love it
OK – I don’t want to be rude, but this is the deal: this is a perfect recipe, and if it fails for you, it’s your fault, not the recipe’s. A couple of things you should know about cheesecakes: OVERBEATING WILL CAUSE A CHEESECAKE TO CRACK. Beat cream cheese with sugar only until smooth. Proceed with a wooden spoon for the rest of the recipe. OVERBEATING WILL CAUSE A CHEESECAKE TO HAVE THE “WRONG” TEXTURE. Air bubbles, gritty/not creamy texture, etc., are fixed my the same instructions above. OVERCOOKING WILL CAUSE A CHEESECAKE TO CRACK. Do NOT cook this cheesecake until it’s set. Matter of fact, don’t check it at all. Put the cheesecake in the oven, set the timer to 60 min., turn the oven off, and forget it. I mean it! Don’t open the oven, just leave it alone to do its thing. And that’s it. A beautiful cheesecake. Far from bland: this is a PURIST’S cheesecake. It’s great as is, but also a great foil for other flavours. I serve mine with passionfruit pulp or mango puree.
I originally gave it a five and still give it a five. I have made this cheesecake many times; sometimes it cracks sometimes it doesn’t. Finally I read that if you grease the sides of your pan, it will not crack, since cracking often happens in the cooling process as the cake pulls away from the sides. Since I began greasing the sides,I have not had a cracked cheesecake. People who like the NY style of cheesecake love this recipe.
I’ve made cheesecakes many times, only to have them crack and sink after cooling. With the tips that I picked up on allrecipes.com, Chantal’s New York Cheesecake was a hit with my family & friends. After cooling, the top remained level and the center firmed up. The top was a beautiful golden brown with no dry edges. The inside was creamy and smooth, and not too sweet.
The tips are as follows:
1. Make sure that your ingredients are around room temperature, not cold, otherwise your batter will be lumpy.
2. Wrap your springform pan with 2 layers of aluminum foil to prevent water in the bain marie (water bath) from seeping in.
3. Place your springform pan in a water bath in the oven, filled with 1 inch of very hot water, then proceed to bake as instructed in the recipe.
4. Right after baking, run a warm or greased knife around the rim of the cake to prevent cracking while cooling.
5. Leave the cake in the oven for 2 hours to cool. (I didn’t have time to leave it in for the recommended 6 hrs, and it still works.)
I’ll make variations of this cheesecake, such as blueberry topping, oreo base and filling etc.
5 large eggs, room temperature
2 cups (one pint) sour cream, room temperature
To Find Out All The Yummy Ingredients And The Step By Step Directions To Follow for this Delicious recipes,Go to the next page.