This soup has been on my menu for as long as I’ve been cooking… The soup is so simple, yet so darn good! It is the ultimate comfort food, in my opinion it’s KILLER.. Best of all..it’s quick!.. you can prepare 2 cups of chicken the night before to save time, and in a total of 25 minutes you will have an absolutely delicious meal for the table.. Enjoy!! My pictures.
Cook time: 25 Min Prep time: 5 Min Serves: 6
2 qt water, or chicken stock
1 – 12 oz bag of egg noodles
4 chicken, bullion cubes
2 c cooked chicken, cut up
6 oz mixed vegetables (optional)
1/4 c onion. chopped ( optional )
2 can(s) 10 3/4 ounce, cream of chicken soup
1 c sour cream
salt and pepper to taste
1 Tbsp chopped, fresh parsley ( optional)
1. In a dutch oven or 5 quart pan bring water and bouillon cubes to boil. (If using onion or raw vegetables you can add them now, so they have time to cook through). ** I always taste the broth before adding the noodles to see if it needs more bullion.
2. After broth comes to a boil; add the noodles, and frozen vegetables to the broth. If not using vegetables, just add the noodles now.
3. After the noodles are cooked, add the chicken and soup, stir combining thoroughly.
4. Remove from the heat and stir in the sour cream.
5. Salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!..your family will think you slaved all day with this soup.