Nothing better than coming home after a busy day to enjoy a plate of hot tacos. This heavenly dish contains the best of taco salad in the form of stew. It’s something different but similar that will make you smile. And best of all, your whole family will love it.
This delicious dish consists of succulent ground beef, fries and grated cheese, arranged in a large baking dish and topped with tomatoes and lettuce. It’s the perfect way to use up leftovers in the fridge and reduce food waste.
The taco stew to go is super easy to prepare and takes no more than 20 minutes to prepare. With the cooking time, it will take up to 50 minutes to prepare it on your table.
Here’s more information on the ingredients and preparation of this simple and appetizing dish.
- 1 1⁄2 pounds of delicious premium ground beef
- 1 large onion, needs to be chopped
- 1 can Green Chilies, small can
- 2 ounces Cream Cheese
- 2 1/2 cups of shredded lettuce
- 3/4 cup tomatoes, chopped, ensure it is kept fresh
- 16 ocs of Salsa
- 8 ounces of sour cream
- 1 bag Fritos Corn Chips
- 1 cup of water
- 2 packages Taco Seasoning Mix (1 oz. each)
- 1 pack shredded Colby & Monterey Jack Cheese (8oz)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Put the ground beef in a large skillet and cook over medium heat. Once the meat is no longer pink, drain it to make sure there’s no liquid left in the skillet.
- Add the water and taco seasoning mix and stir well until cooked properly. Make sure you follow the instructions on the package.
- Grease 11×7 inch baking dish. Put the mixture into the baking dish and top it with Frito chips and shredded cheese.
- Cover the dish and bake until the cheese is melted and the meat is fully heated, which should take around half an hour.
- Remove the lid during the last ten minutes of cooking and spread the chopped tomatoes and the shredded lettuce before serving.